Saturday, August 15, 2009

Editorial: Yeah, Baseball's Pretty Cool

By Alex Kavutskiy

I can't imagine hitting a tiny ball that’s being thrown really fast. That's why baseball players are my heroes. Baseball is so awesome! After you hit the ball, you have to run around the bases and score but don’t let the other team get you or you're OUT! It’s America’s pastime…but it’s also America’s FUTURE time! The umpires are great and fair. They make sure nothing bad happens. I like shortstop, ya know, shortstop. It’s between second and third base, where all the action happens. Sometimes, when all the bases are loaded, you gotta hit a grand slam and score all the runs to win the game. It is really hard to play because between every time you’re at bat, the OTHER team is at bat! They’re good too so you gotta make sure they don’t score points on you or you’re OUT!

My favorite player is Mark Maguire. No, Babe Ruth! Babe Ruth was called the Boss but he wasn’t bossy, he was nice. And he was really great at baseball. Players play for baseball teams and the teams play against each other. Whoever wins gets points. The commission adds up the points and sees which two teams will face off in the World Series. It’s so exciting for the fans but it’s really scary for the players. Whoever wins gets to be the best that year and then the cycle starts all over again. Sometimes, players get traded and that’s confusing. One year you play for this team and then you play for THAT team. I just can’t keep track.

Going to the baseball game is so fun. You get to eat. I like when they hit fly balls. That’s my chance to catch a ball too. Sometimes, I can’t go to a game and that makes me sad. But sometimes I can go and that makes me happy!

So that’s why I think baseball is pretty cool and we can all learn from baseball. But be careful. Three strikes and you’re OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment