Thursday, August 13, 2009

Phil Jackson, Kurt Rambis No Longer Friends on Facebook



LOS ANGELES, CA - After an unsettling period of angry back-and-forth emailing, Phil Jackson has removed former Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis from his friend list on the social networking website Facebook. The move comes just a few days after Rambis accepted a position to be head coach of the Timberwolves and boarded a flight to Minneapolis.

“Kurt really put a dagger in the back of the entire Lakers organization,” Jackson told reporters. “I really thought he and I had an understanding. I thought Kurt was a winner."

When asked how Rambis’ departure has affected some of the players, Jackson went on to say, “The guys are pretty bent out of shape. Yesterday I spoke with Adam Morrison who has been very distraught. Ever since he came over from Charlotte, Kurt's been like a father figure to him. The two of them would go out for ice cream after any game in which Adam contributed offensively.”

Jackson allegedly decided on his course of action late last night and logged onto the website early this morning to carry out the deed. He followed a link directly to his friend list, bypassing all of his notifications entirely, and scrolled down until he found Rambis’s name directly between Jerry Buss and Lamar Odom. Without hesitation, Jackson clicked "Remove from Friends" and proceeded to send Rambis a blank message with the subject heading “Loser."


What Rambis might have seen when checking in on Jackson.

Kurt Rambis has thus far been unattainable for comment on the matter, though Lakers veteran Derek Fisher is not surprised.

“I always thought there was something fishy about Kurt. Ever since I saw him and Kevin Garnett conversing on the court before Game 5 last year, I lost trust in him. I never felt like he bled purple and gold. I think he just bleeds red.”

“In a perfect world, Kurt and I could still be friends,”
Jackson concluded. “But in a perfect world I wouldn’t receive an email every time I'm poked by George Karl." Jackson paused for a minute, then added, “Son of a bitch still has my Planet Earth DVDs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment