Friday, August 14, 2009

Quentin Richardson Living Out of Suitcase

"I hate to settle in just to find out that I've been traded again."

MEMPHIS, LOS ANGELES, MINNEAPOLIS, MIAMI - According to multiple sources, NBA journeyman Quentin Richardson has held no permanent residence this off-season and has been living out of his suitcase.

"I hate to get settled in just to find out that I've been traded again." Richardson said in a phone interview.

Richardson, who previously played for the Phoenix Suns before a 2005 trade that sent him to the New York Knicks, was traded on June 25 to the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Darko Milicic. Upon hearing the news, Richardson flew to Memphis, checked into a Marriott hotel and began house hunting.

Less than a month later Richardson was on the move again, this time being traded to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Zach Randolph.

"'Wow, it's the second time I've been traded this off-season. This must be unprecedented,'" Richardson mused at the time, "L.A. is where I've always wanted to be though. I'd like to retire as a Clipper."

Richardson flew to California, and planned to stay with friends while he began drafting plans to build his dream home in L.A. Before he could get approval from the zoning board however, word came down three days later that the Clippers had shipped Richardson to the Timberwolves, in exchange for Sebastian Telfair, Mark Madsen, and Craig Smith.

The jet-lagged swingman was reached for an interview the next day, speaking to the media via the Holiday Inn Express's front desk phone. "Wow, three trades in a month. At least I know I'll be a mainstay here in Minnesota."

On August 12, the newly settled sharpshooter bought a mansion in nearby St. Paul. Richardson also bought a new winter wardrobe to prepare for his new frigid climate.

"It's been a hectic off-season for me, but I'm finally warming up to the idea of playing many years for the T-Wolves," Richardson told reporters from his new home, "hold on I've got call waiting...why would Pat Riley be calling me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment