Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brett Favre Announces Retirement After Final Game of Season


MINNESOTA, MIN - Following the final game of the season on Sunday, Brett Favre once again announced his retirement from professional football.

A reporter asked the quarterback if he was mentally prepared going into the playoffs and Favre responded with, "It's funny you should ask that..." Favre went on to announce that he is hanging up his jersey for the third time.

"Believe me, I want to continue play football. It's all I know. But sometimes your body just tells you that you can't take another snap. And sometimes you just have to listen, no matter how your team is doing," Favre solemnly stated to the disinterested media. "I thought I could make it through one more season, though not 100 percent, and I did. I'm looking forward to watching the guys on television with my family."

The future hall-of-famer went on to say that he wouldn't rule out a comeback in time for the post-season before bidding one more tearful goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment