Monday, August 17, 2009

Giants Pitcher Joe Martinez Loses Contact Lens

"Oh jeez, my contact lens," Martinez said after throwing a strike in the 9th inning of the Giants 9-1 win over Milwaukee. "Bengie! Wait! Do NOT throw that ball back, I can't see a thing."

The once roaring crowd now stared in silence as he crawled on his knees searching for the lens, repeatedly muttering to himself "This is so embarrassing."

After two minutes of delay, newly acquired first baseman Ryan Garko ran over to help him find it, only to be screeched at by Martinez. "I don't need your help, Ryan! I can do this myself!"

After a few more minutes, Martinez began crying and chewing on his glove before manager Bruce Bochy helped him off the field.

The Giants placed Martinez on the 15-day DL and purchased the contract of Justin Miller from the minors.

No comments:

Post a Comment