Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favre Un-Retires for Third Time, Practices with Vikings

MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- It is being reported that Brett Favre has signed a two-year contract with the Minnesota Vikings. Favre participated in practice with the team Tuesday, but there is no way of telling if he will retire again by the end of the day.

"The guys upstairs tell me we have a very special contract with Brett," Vikings head coach Brad Childress explained. "Technically, I don't think he's obliged to actually play for us."

"Being retired is more of a mindset really," Favre told reporters after practice with an unshakable grin across his face. "I love football, don't get me wrong, I LOVE football. But I can't commit to saying that I'll love it tomorrow. What is tomorrow anyway? Today was tomorrow, and now it's today, if that makes sense. The point is, I have to go home and be with my wife, and really think about whether or not I should come in to practice again tomorrow, if that makes sense."

The Vikings have agreed to pay Favre $12 million this season, and $13 million next season, despite the uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment