Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Brook Close to Being Worst Son of All Time

by Brook Lopez's Mother

My son Brook is on thin ice. All he needs to do is pick up the phone and call me once by the end of the season to avoid being the worst son of all time. Considering how often he has remembered to call me lately though, I doubt he'll avoid that dreaded moniker.

I suppose Brook is too busy to remember to call his mother 3,000 miles away. I see him on television doing his dunks and what have you. Sometimes though, all he does is sit on the bench with a towel over his face. First of all, the cameraman can't see his handsome face if he hides it. Second, while he's doing nothing at all would it kill him to pick up the phone and call his mother?

Who used to always drive him to basketball practice? Who used to do his laundry so he always had a clean uniform (even though he already knew how to do it himself)? Who paid for his tuition at Stanford, even though a certain someone dropped out after his freshman year? And who reminded him to register for the NBA Draft?

I'll tell you who: me.

And let me tell you another thing, being an NBA mom is a thankless job. Imagine having two sons who are both seven feet tall come home every summer and do nothing but eat and lay around the house all day. Someone has to clean up after them. Someone has to shop to find clothes that still fit them.

I would expect this kind of behavior from Robin, but not Brook.

No comments:

Post a Comment